The ARJOWIGGINS Cookies Policy describes what cookies are, what they do and how we use them on this WEBSITE.
1. General Information
Cookies are small files of numbers and letters stored on a User’s computer when it accesses a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Some features of a website (like sharing of content on social networks, play videos, etc.) rely on services offered by third-party websites. These features store cookies allowing these websites to trace the User’s navigation. These cookies are only stored if the User gives its consent.
The User can inform itself about the nature of the cookies used on a website, accept or reject them.
If the User chooses to not download cookies, certain functionalities or services of the website may not be available as a consequence.
2. Cookies used on this WEBSITE and purpose
2.1 Cookies of ARJOWIGGINS
Cookies issued by ARJOWIGGINS on this WEBSITE are used for the sole purposes indicated below:
- csrftoken : cross site request forgery cookie. This cookie is used to prevent other sites or web pages from submitting forms on this site.
- django_language : this session cookie enables to display the correct language website.
- sessionid : the website uses this session cookie to keep your logged in to your account for the session.
- is_list_display: This cookie allows the website to keep track of user display preference for search results.
- project_list_display_preference: this cookie is used to keep track of user display preference for project item listing.
- SESS#: preserves users states across page requests
- _gid: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- collect: Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- _hjIncludedInSample: Determines if the user's navigation should be registered in a certain statistical placeholder.
2.2 Third party cookies
Google Analytics sets two cookies in order for ARJOWIGGINS to keep track of visitors on our website.
- _ga : This cookie allows Google Analytics to distinguish unique users.
- _gat : This cookie allows Google Analytics to throttle the request rate.
Further information can be found at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
3. How to change cookie settings on browsers?
Users can block storage of cookies, delete existing cookies, and change the duration for which cookies are stored on their computer by configuring their browsers accordingly (usually via ‘Tools’ or ‘Options’ / ‘Privacy’ or ‘Confidentiality’). Doing so will, however, affect their browsing experience.
The User can choose his Cookies management policy by modifying the settings of his browser software. It can thus oppose the registration of Cookies by configuring the preferences of its browser software. The configuration of each browser differs according to the navigation software used:
In Microsoft Internet Explorer:
The User must be aware that the systematic disabling of cookies on a browser or the deleting of existing cookies from its browser will affect their website browsing experience and prevent the User from using or benefiting from certain services or functionalities provided under the websites, and the User will not be entitled to claim any compensation to ARJOWIGGINS as a result.